Valentines Gift Ideas for Wives and Girlfriends
It’s that time of year again and if you don’t want to go for the obvious flowers or chocolates and you want to get her something a little different that will earn serious brownie points, here are my pointers and insight as a personal shopper who spends most days shopping with/ and chatting to women just like your wife / girlfriend….
These are often the things that women covet but often don’t feel justified in spending the money on themselves so indulgently! However it’s always a good idea to go for something that she can use regularly so that your wife / girlfriend doesn’t feel like you bought her this beautiful gift and she hardly ever uses it.
These days, fashion jewellery is all the rage, the price point can range from anywhere between £50 – £900 but is very current and modern I love this cute Astley-Clark bracelet available at Selfridges
This bracelet is a beautiful gift as it is light enough to wear day to day (you can’t even feel you have it on), they are available in sterling silver and retail at £95.
Other fashion jewellery brands that are worth checking out include: –
- Alexander Mcqueen – for the trendy and fashion conscious who like something a bit different
- Monica Vinader – the very trendy friendship bracelets with individual meanings
- Marc Jacobs – earrings, bracelets and necklaces – for a woman who loves following a trend! very cool indeed
- Vivienne Westwood – distinctive more classic pieces
- Isharya – for glamour pusses who prefer classic statement jewels
- Kate Spade – fun pieces around the £40 upwards
- Saint Lauren – for statement pieces
Purses / Wallets
If choosing a handbag is too difficult for you because you can’t work out what style / size / colour to choose, you could try a purse instead. Most women like a purse that has enough room to fit in cards, change and some cash and obviously use their purse most days, so they tend to get worn out every year. A gift she’ll appreciate as again, she probably will put buying other things above a designer purse.
Great brands include:-
- Ted Baker, from £89 – have some great bright & pastel colours and lovely patent purses
- Michael Kors, from £85 – available in House of Fraser, Selfridges and other department stores
- Marc Jacobs from about £175
- Mulberry from £275
- Givenchy from £350
All things technical…
Every woman wants to have stylish and polished looking tech accessories whether it’s her phone or ipad however it is not always easy to justify such a treat for themselves.
- Designer phone case – Marc Jacobs/Stella Macartney (BEST ON A BUDGET)
- iPad – Marc by Marc Jacobs, Kate Spade of New York, DVF, Jimmy Choo, Mulberry – the best ones at netaporter.com
- Suitcases or Overnight Bags from – Jimmy Choo, Lanvin, Mulberry, Louis Vuitton or for budget options, try Marks and Spencer, Ted Baker,
Luxury Beauty Products
This fits in to the category of what every woman wants. A little indulgence can go a long way when it comes to a beauty regime can really help a girl feel at her best! However we don’t mean bubble bath and shower gel here – we’re more talking time travelling face-creams, most talked about exfoliators and face masks, luscious lip balms and Beauty Editor top picks.
Best Beauty Buy Brands: –
- Sanctuary at Boots (BEST ON A BUDGET)
- Benefit (MOST STYLISH ON A BUDGET)
- Liz Earle
- Eve Lom
- Estee Lauder
- Creme de la Mer (quite hefty in price, but the celebs use this stuff!)
(Try any good department store like John Lewis or Selfridges for these brands)
Every fashionista loves her shoes and this is a relatively easy present for a man to buy his partner in the ‘fashion’ department without going too wrong, but it’s just (if not more) as appreciated as clothes. If your fashionista likes her heels, then why not treat her to a new pair – just make sure you get her size right before you hit the shops (which again should be easy to do – just look in her existing shoes, but bear in mind the style you intend on buying her. If you’re buying her heels, look in her heels for a size reference, not her flats or boots) and always check with the store if she can return or exchange, just in case.
Shoe Obsessed Girls love: –
- Christian Laboutin – Every girl’s dream shoe and beautifully bagged and boxed
- Dune (BEST ON A BUDGET )
- Kurt Geiger
- Jimmy Choo – great for women who love classic luxury
- Charlotte Olympia – best for fashionistas who want to be ahead of everyone else!
A Personal Shopper for the Day Gift Experience!
If your lady has always taken an interest in Gok or constantly utters the words that drive you mad “I have nothing to wear”, then perhaps treating her to her own personal shopping session with a style companion (and some money to spend on the day!) might be an extra special welcome surprise.
A day to focus solely on her , without the distraction of the kids, work or going shopping with you (where you end up falling out – eek) will be greatly appreciated. www.mystylecompanion.com are style experts and have had many happy wives and girlfriends whom were treated to a personal shop or wardrobe consultation, and comment on what thoughtful partners they had!
Buy a personal shopping experience gift certificate from My Style Companion and make 2015 a really special year for her (and get some serious brownie points!)